It's amazing to think that our kitchen renovation is finally done! We've been enjoying the finished product for about 6 months now, but with baby Beau hogging my free time, I just now got around to taking some AFTER pictures. The kitchen renovation was a much longer process than I ever anticipated. I started in earnest while Joey deployed last year to Afghanistan. We didn't finish until he returned.
I'm incredibly proud to say we did every ounce of work ourselves, with the exception of fabricating and installing the granite counters and an emergency visit from a plumber when not once, but TWICE, my below-sink plumbing exploded! Here's a list of the improvements we made (with links if you'd like to check out the original posts), along with the before-and-after photos. I still can't believe it's ALL OURS and it's ALL DONE!
Knowing the amount of blood, sweat and tears that went into this project, makes us enjoy the end result more than I ever could have imagined. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- Replaced old hinges with European style hidden hinges
- Added decorative molding to cabinets
- Installed crown molding in kitchen and attached office
- Polished and installed antique chandeliers in kitchen and attached office
- Replaced old, fluorescent under-mount lighting with new LED lights
- Installed cabinet organization systems
- Painted inside of cabinets and replaced sagging shelves
- Patched and painted walls in kitchen and attached office
- Refinished cabinets with Annie Sloan chalk paint
- Replaced old drawer slides with soft close ball bearing drawer slides
- Replaced cabinet hardware
- Removed old laminate counter and cast iron sink
- Installed new granite counter, stainless steel sink and plumbing
- Installed new brass faucet and sprayer
- Repurposed old garbage disposal, but replaced sink flange and splash guard
- Installed, concrete backerboard and herringbone mosaic marble backsplash
- Replaced old appliances with Frigidaire Professional collection from A-1 Appliance
- Hung new curtains, bought new rugs, a new chair and custom art
- Sprinkled in my grandmother's copper collection and a whole lot of love!
Kitchen renovation AFTER:
Kitchen renovation BEFORE: