Our kitchen cabinets really aren't half bad, but they never quite looked finished, so I wanted to add some decorative molding to spice things up a bit. I started with a small trim around the bottom, which helps disguise the undermount LED lights I installed a while back. I then put my compound meitering abilities to the test with some picture frame molding on the ends of the cabinets. It was a solid B+ result. I also added a large piece of trim over the sink.
Finally, I tackled the crown molding around the top of the cabinets. Not easy. I had to build a pretty elaborate support system, so I'd have something to nail the crown molding into. While most renovation projects take at least 10 times longer than I plan, I was actually able to knock out the support system in just a couple hours. Yes, I'm bragging. My support system is awesome.
My neighbor Deepak helped with the crown molding and voila! From outdated to renovated... the customized cabinets look great. Up next... PAINT!